Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time contraints... alas

Unfortunately I must report that I will not be finished with my weaving piece in time for our MFA Group Opening this Thursday. I realized a few days ago that the situation was hopeless, that I could kill myself to finish it and even then it probably still wouldn't get done! I must admit that this process cannot be rushed, and in attempting to do so, I will just make mistakes over which I will always obsess and regret.
My goal is now to finish it in the next couple of weeks, and to also finish a new paper piece to enter in a show in Montreal which is due on the 15th.

For the show I will instead be exhibiting my piece I had a disparate nature, my nature is disparate still, the paper piece which I detailed in this entry. I am resolving the issue of the cords, and the audio tracks will also be included in the piece. I'm actually excited to have the necessary motivation to complete the piece.

Also, here is a current version of my artist statement:

Each piece I create is purposeful from beginning to end; it must be thoroughly planned and accurately realized. There is not a single action that is taken without intent. My work is meticulous, organized, and obsessive, often requiring hours of tedious concentration for one element to come to fruition. My first steps on this path began in my formative years as a teenager, when I developed a serious of neurotic behaviors.

Since that time my work has been the outlet by which I enforce my determination to never again become unfettered, lose my confidence, or slip into the neuroses of my past. My work is the method by which I subjugate my neurotic tendencies, and my unhealthy need for control. It is the struggle for composure over chaos, and the minute, almost indiscernible divide of which I must remain constantly aware to maintain my balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment