Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

I am taking the first class towards completing my Museum Studies certificate here at NIU, in addition to my MFA - Introduction to Museum Studies. For the class we had to choose one local museum to report on throughout the course of the semester, and I have chosen the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. It was a wonderful choice because I have always wanted to go, and I have never before had the chance. Now I get to visit several times throughout the semester!

On Friday I went to photograph and review one of the exhibits there, The Lost Panoramas. While there I couldn't resist spending some time in the Butterfly Haven at the museum, a beautiful rainforest of a room filled with a hundred species of butterflies, flying free all around you. This place could cheer anyone in the depths of winter. As it grows colder, definitely check it out - admission is only $9 for adults and $7 for students.












No comments:

Post a Comment