Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This time I'll carry these with me (after Lenore Tawney)

Tomorrow is the opening reception of the long-awaited Lenore Tawney exhibition at UArts! The exhibition of work by the Book Arts MFA students and the undergraduate Fibers students in conjunction shares its opening reception.

Read more about the Tawney exhibition here and the student exhibition here. The panel discussion will be of particular interest to all those familiar with her work. I am thrilled to be a part of this show and am incredibly impressed by the work of my fellow students; each piece is different in its own right, yet honors Tawney through the use of her materials.

Below are images of my piece installed as part of the exhibition. I'm much happier with this installation than the incarnation at our WIP show this past fall.







If you're in Philly, we hope to see you at the events! 

No comments:

Post a Comment