Friday, August 3, 2012

Bukchon Hanok Village

As you know, my classmates, a few of our faculty, and I recently took an educational trip to Seoul, South Korea. Thank you so much to those of you who helped us get there through your donations and support! I posted the vast majority of my photos from Seoul on Facebook, but there were a couple of special moments that I wanted to devote to blog entries.

One was a lovely afternoon in which a few of us explored the arts and crafts workshops in Bukchon Hanok Village, which was within walking distance of the guest house where we stayed. My friend Sarah Hulsey and I visited a dyeing workshop where they made their own dyes and dyed their own fabrics to then create beautiful scarves and other handmade pieces. I was really coveting some of their hand-dyed leathers, but I didn't want to blow all of my cash in one place!

The woman who was kind enough to show us around knew no English, so sadly most of the information we gathered is contained to these photos. And yes, that is a gigantic container of pure indigo!
















No comments:

Post a Comment